Strange's Oscar Picks

First of all I must stress that I have not seen all the movies nominated for every category. So of course this is only for fun and not to be taken that seriously.

Actor in a Leading Role:

Richard Jenkins "The Visitor" *I have not seen this movie
Frank Langella "Frost/Nixon"
Sean Penn "Milk"
Brad Pitt "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
Mickey Rourke "The Wrestler"

This contest is definitely between Rourke and Penn. Both performances touched me. Jeez this is hard!!!! I'm gonna give it to Penn or can they somehow tie? Nope, I changed my mind. Rourke ftw!

Actor in a Supporting Role

Josh Brolin "Milk"
Robert Downey Jr. "Tropic Thunder"
Phillip Semour Hoffman "Doubt"
Heath Ledger "The Dark Knight"
Michael Shannon "Revolutionary Road"

Another great list. But this for sure goes to Heath Ledger.

Actress in a Leading Role

Anne Hathaway "Rachel Getting Married" *I have not seen this movie
Melissa Leo "Frozen River" *I have not seen this movie
Angelina Jolie "Changeling" *I have not seen this movie
Meryl Streep "Doubt"
Kate Winslet "The Reader"

Okay this is really biased since I have only seen 2 out of the 5 but I'm giving it to Kate!!

Actress in a Supporting Role

Amy Adams "Doubt"
Viola Davis "Doubt"
Penelope Cruz "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
Taraji P. Henson "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
Marisa Tomei "The Wrestler"

This category is probably the most deep. This is hard to choose but I really think it should go to Viola Davis. Such a great performance captured in only 5 minutes. Hard to do, especially when you are opposite Meryl Streep!!

Animated Feature Film

Bolt *I have not seen this movie
Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E

I liked Kung Fu Panda!!! Wall-E was great for the first half, then really fizzled for me, and actually offended me (we are supposed to turn into lazy humans and not even care??). Kung Fu Panda is my pick.
I'm gonna skip a few categories here that I don't know how to choose and go to directing!

Directing

David Fincher "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
Ron Howard "Frost/Nixon"
Gus Van Sant "Milk"
Stephen Daldry "The Reader"
Danny Boyle "Slumdog Millionaire"

Hard!!! Danny Boyle. No, Gus Van Sant. Yes, Gus Van Sant.

Best Picture

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Slumdog Millionaire
The Reader
Frost/Nixon
Milk

I think Slumdog Millionaire should win. All movies were great. Benjamin Button only doesn't win because of that weird part that doesn't seem to fit in the movie that I talked about in a previous post. The Reader would be my second choice. I was unexpectedly bawling during a certain part.

No comments:

Copyright @ Miss Emily Strange's Blog | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger