Movies

I saw 2 movies over the holidays and 1 last night. The first was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Wow. This movie was great. There was only one small part in the film which I felt ruined the pacing and didn't really work for the movie. If that part had been removed, I would have given this film the best picture Academy Award for SURE. I'm not going to ruin it for those who haven't seen it, but it deals with Benjamin becoming suddenly omniscient and explaining sequences that lead up to a particular incident (if this had happened 2 seconds earlier or later, then this wouldn't have happened, and so on).

Anyways, the second movie was Doubt, starring Phillip Semour Hoffman and Meryl Streep. I enjoyed the movie, although I think it probably worked better as a stage play than adapted into a movie. Wonderful acting of course. My boyfriend basically hated it. I would turn to look at him and he just looked miserable. It didn't help that the movie theatre was so cold I had to wear my mittens and coat throughout. I would recommend this film. There is a lot to think about the human condition. This film had some great messages.

The film I saw last night was Milk. I enjoyed this one. I didn't know the Harvey Milk story before but what a guy. Gus Van Sant makes a good film (he directed another of my favorites, Good Will Hunting). Sean Penn deserves an Oscar for this. Emile Hirsch also offers a good supporting role.

No comments:

Copyright @ Miss Emily Strange's Blog | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger