Animal Crossing: City Folk Review

I've played both Animal Crossing for the Gamecube and Animal Crossing: Wild World for the DS and enjoyed them both. So when I started playing the highly anticipated Wii version, I was a little disappointed at how much the game was similar to Wild World. However, I have discovered some new things about the game that got me excited. There is a new character, named Kicks, who shows up every once in awhile to the City. He will "shine" your shoes, meaning he will change the style and color. You could never change your shoes in previous games. You simply had red sneakers with blue and white stockings if you were a girl, and blue sneakers with green and white stockings if you were a boy. That's it. Now Kicks the Skunk will change your shoes according to the color of your hair. However, it costs 500 Bells each time. There is also apparently an animal that will pass out balloons in the town and other prizes, but I haven't seen him yet. There are new fish and bugs, too. I caught a lobster the other day in the ocean! The new changes were not apparent at first when I started playing, but there have been pleasant surprises. They did get rid of that annoying insurance salesman, Lyle. He used to come to your door and make you answer a ton of questions and basically force you to buy insurance. Now he works for the Happy Room Academy, which you can choose to be a part of or not. The bad: having to water your flowers. I'm away from home right now and won't be able to water my flowers so they will die. That's annoying.

No comments:

Copyright @ Miss Emily Strange's Blog | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger