Mystery Case Files: Millonheir (Nintendo DS) Review

Nintendo really advertised this game and kept sending me emails to check it out. My little sister really wanted it and a girl I used to work with had it, so I wanted to give it a try. What a disappointment. I loved such games like Professor Layton and Trace Memory and I thought this might be similar, but no. Basically 90% of the game is you staring at the screen looking for hidden objects. Now, I loved those I Spy books as a kid, but this was different. There are a handful of different locations on the game that you have to look for objects in, which just keep getting reused. However, you will be staring at the kitchen scene, looking for really gross things. There are flies in the kitchen, earwigs, nasty beetles, caterpillars, snakes, cats hiding in cupboards. There is even a shoe in the cooking pot. Eww. Then you find the stuff and a new screen starts, so you have to do it all over again, just finding different items. You do this countless times, and every once in a while, the same screen will come back, asking you to find the SAME THINGS YOU ALREADY DID ONCE! Too many disgusting bugs, scary alien faces, eyes staring at you, and other unsettling objects. Very foreboding sounds and music, too. My boyfriend kept getting nervous while I was playing because he would hear a siren and think the neighborhood was in trouble. One scene had this annoying cuckoo clock go off every few seconds--unbearable. I had to turn the sound off on that scene. This game did keep me occupied for a 5 hour plane ride from DC to LA, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it--just borrow it from a friend that had the misfortune of buying it.

1 comment:

Spiceymike said...

Oh! That reminds me, I played the game "Flower, Sun & Rain" last week on the DS from my rental site. It's by the same guy, Suda 51, who did that Killer7 game. It's not scary at all but still has that weirdness to it like most of his other games do.

You basically go around looking for clues or rather you "search" in places for them, once you found a section that needs solving you need to enter a code for it to unlock the solution. It may drive you nuts though as most of the time you just walk and that's about it. Come to think of it though it does sound similar to yours lol.

Copyright @ Miss Emily Strange's Blog | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger